Cy8c-kit 042 - labView serial interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

i am using cy8C-kit 042 BLE for collecting sensor data and recieving it using a PC through USB dongle and CySmart PC application. 

The data sent is received in hex format in CySmart. I was looking for the following things:

1. Can we log the data from CySmart continuously in some file (excel) located in the PC? (We have the option of "save log" in CySmart, in which we can extract the required data and copy it to another file manually. I was looking for something which could automatize this procedure)

2. Another way to recieve this information is using LabView Visa by making the USB as virtual serial port. I tried doing that but I encounter problems. Does anyone have experience with making such a program?

3. Does cy8c-kit o42 BLE has labView drivers?

Any help is really appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Anupama Kulkarni

0 Likes
4 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

1. Can we log the data from CySmart continuously in some file (excel) located in the PC?

Not currently, maybe BLE team can comment on future releases. Consider using Python

to develop the capability ?

3. Does cy8c-kit o42 BLE has labView drivers?

One possibility - www.ni.com/tutorial/3271/en/

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Refer the example project https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE/tree/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day020_BLE... in 100Days 100Project blog.

If you use the Central project for your dongle then you can directly get the data from UART terminal. Access this UART terminal from Labview. No need to use any other drivers. Use this project only as a reference.it doesn't work directly with your project. You can to do some modifications based on you services that you are using.

Regards,

Vikas

0 Likes
LuMo_1653921
Level 1
Level 1

Anupama Kulkarni,

did you be able to use Labview with this BLE kit ?

of so, can you share it with me please?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Luis Montoya,

There is also this BLE toolkit for LabVIEW
(https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-48446)

Best,
Raymundo

0 Likes