Customizing Profiles

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1528391
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

Hi, i just need a simple communication for my modules. I just want my module to wake up with am external interrupt then send its device id to another module. I searched defined profiles but they are all specified at some application. What do you suggest me to do that? It must just send its device id, is there any defined profile which simply does that job?

0 Likes
3 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

I think the device ID is part of the advertisement packet already (at least you can configure the BLE component to have it there). Would that be enough? Or you you need an explicit communication?

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply. But if we do it like that way, some stranger devices can send their id to my master too. I dont want them to access my network. Because of that , i want to use a authentication password. So only specific devices, which know the password, can send their id to the master node. 

In short, our slave nodes connects to our master with password, then send their id to master. 

0 Likes

In this case, just create your own custom profile. Its quite simple to do so.

0 Likes