Connectable directed advertising type

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've a CYBLE-022001-00 BLE PRoC module and it is configured as GAP peripheral device. My intention is to only allow it to be discovered by a single GAP central device. Therefore, I've tried to choose "Connectable directed advertising" type in the GAP Settings (also to populate the target Random device address in the advertising packet). However, this option is not available in the dropped down list. I would appreciate if someone has an idea/suggestion. Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi,

You can make Direct advertising enable in the firmware. For changing the advertising type, change the adv parameters in the firmware.

Refer the below code:

/*Set the Advertising type*/
                    cyBle_discoveryModeInfo.advParam->advType=CYBLE_GAPP_CONNECTABLE_LOW_DC_DIRECTED_ADV;
                    /*Set the type of address to central*/
                    cyBle_discoveryModeInfo.advParam->directAddrType= provide the type;
                    /*Use central device address for direct advertising*/
                    cyBle_discoveryModeInfo.advParam->directAddr[5]=CentralbdAddr[5];
                    cyBle_discoveryModeInfo.advParam->directAddr[4]=CentralbdAddr->bdAddr[4];
                    cyBle_discoveryModeInfo.advParam->directAddr[3]=CentralbdAddr->bdAddr[3];
                    cyBle_discoveryModeInfo.advParam->directAddr[2]=CentralbdAddr->bdAddr[2];
                    cyBle_discoveryModeInfo.advParam->directAddr[1]=CentralbdAddr->bdAddr[1];

cyBle_discoveryModeInfo.advParam->directAddr[0]=CentralbdAddr->bdAddr[0];  

/*Enter discovery mode*/
                CyBle_GappEnterDiscoveryMode(&cyBle_discoveryModeInfo);

Please refer the BLE component datasheet for API descriptions.

Thanks,

Anjana

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response. Will try!

Charlotte

0 Likes