Communicate between two psoc 4 Ble modules

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
umg_4380326
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hi

I have CYBLE2241100-00 modules , i am scanning device B to find the advertising device A.i am able to establish connection between the two.

How to get the two modules to communicate? How to send and receive data?

Thanks

Uma

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Uma,

Apologize for the late response. Any External device with BLE has to be configured as BLE Central device and then can connect to the PSoC BLE peripheral device.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello Uma,

Please refer to the Day020_BLE_UART project in the GitHub for more information. This example consists of two projects – Central and Peripheral. When appropriately interfaced to a PC, each of the peer devices can be used as a COM port using a terminal application (like TeraTerm). The data sent through the terminal application at one end, appears at the other end, as it does over wired UART communication.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hi Yugandhar,

I have checked out and tried the example mentioned.

In the example mentioned, the string or data can be send through Com port.Instead of that how to send data after establishing connection?

I would like to know how can i send data through ble or through uart to another device.

This i my requirement

1) i have advertising device

2) central devices scanning the required advertising device and obtained RSSI.

3) Able to switch from central to peripheral was able to once again not occurring what should i do/

4) able to scan the the device C and connect.

5) how to send data of the device A and B to external device when C switches from central to peripheral

Thanks,

Uma

0 Likes

Hello Uma,

In the example project (Day020_BLE_UART), the data entered on either side should appear on the other side i.e., the data entered on central side(through UART) will appear at the peripheral side and vice-versa.

Please note that PSoC4 BLE device can connect to only one device at a time. Please refer to the Day012_Central_Peripheral project in the GitHub, where it uses the PSoC4 BLE in both Central and Peripheral GAP role.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hello Yugandhar,

In the example UART_BLE , the data entered at central end will be seen in the peripheral end and vice-versa , i am able to get that but what i would like to know is how can i implement that to send data to external central device.

pastedImage_0.png

this is what i have to achieve and to do that

1) i am advertising devices

2) central device scans the required advertising device and obtains RSSI.

3) Able to switch from central to peripheral and establish connection with the external central device

4) how to send data of the device 1 and 2 to external device when device 3 switches from central to peripheral.

Thanks

Uma

0 Likes

Hello Uma,

When you switch Cyble device 3 to peripheral device, then using Notify or Indicate property you can send the data to the External device(Central). Please refer to the Day_024_Throughput project(GATT_Notification projects) in which when the devices are connected, the peripheral(GATT Notification - Data outgoing) will sends continuous notification data to the central device(GATT Notification - Data Incoming).

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hi

How can i change the the device number in the example code?

thanks,

Uma

0 Likes

Hello Uma,

In the PSoC Creator, Right click on the project -> Go to "Device selector" and select your device(CYBLE-2241100-00 device). Also, Please update all the components to latest versions(In PSoC Creator, Go to Projects ->Update components).

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks.

This between the same cypress devices or can be implemented for one cypress(peripheral) and another device?

thanks,

Uma

0 Likes

Hello Uma,

The projects are used for Cypress Devices only. For other external device, please refer to their device libraries, code examples etc.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hi,

then how can i connect to other external device with cypress device?what should i look for?

in cypress the device would have connection parameters or something like that right that can help in connecting it to an external device?

thanks,

Uma

0 Likes

Hi,

The external device is Quectel MC60E in which BLE is handled by AT commands

Thanks,

Uma

0 Likes

Hello Uma,

Apologize for the late response. Any External device with BLE has to be configured as BLE Central device and then can connect to the PSoC BLE peripheral device.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes