Code example CE210291, LOOP_TIME_FASTSCANMODE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Hawk
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hello, I'm refering Code example CE210291, Low Power One Button (CapSense, 4000S) 

whether with the CY8CKIT-145-40xx or CY8C4025LQI-S411 Controller, the fastest possible adjustable loop/scan time is 20ms, no matter which time I set at parameter LOOP_TIME_FASTSCANMODE.

Why that?

Many thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @Hawk,

Can you let us know how you are checking the loop time? I tried the same and was able to get the loop time to 1ms as well (attaching the project I used here). I toggled a pin to check the scan time and probing the pin helped me check the loop time. 

Note that the fast scan mode kicks in only if it detects any CapSense activity - touching the sensor.

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Hari

Hi @Hawk,

Can you let us know how you are checking the loop time? I tried the same and was able to get the loop time to 1ms as well (attaching the project I used here). I toggled a pin to check the scan time and probing the pin helped me check the loop time. 

Note that the fast scan mode kicks in only if it detects any CapSense activity - touching the sensor.

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes
Hawk
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hi @Hari

thanks for your reply.

I also toggled a pin, but at state / case "PROCESS_DATA". 

Ok will check your Code

0 Likes
Hari

Hi @Hawk

The point of toggling does not have an impact as long as it is called once per loop. Note that the CE is made such that if there is no activity, it goes to slow scan mode, so you need to make sure that you are touching the sensor so that the mode is FASTSCANMODE.

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes