Checksum exclude section

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnkitaP
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi team,

I wish to write a 2 byte bootloader version in the checksum exclude section. I changed the size to 2 bytes in the Bootloadable component's - Checksum exclude section size.

I would like to modify this data while the device is in bootloader mode and do not want it to cause any checksum failure. How can I avoid this?

Also according to the data sheet:

Note: Do not use Bootloader commands “Send Data” and “Program Row” to update this section.

Then what method can I use to write to the 2 bytes in the checksum exclude section from the Bootloader project?

Thanks,

Ankita 

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi Anikta,

I have attached a project where you can store 2 bytes in the checksum exclude region.

For that you need to set the checksum exclude section sie as 1 row = 256 bytes(depends on device used)

Please let us know if the attached project helps to solve your query.

Regards

Alakananda
0 Likes

Thank you Alakananda. 

Will the bootloadable code be able to overwrite this checksum exclude section? 

I'm worried if the flash size used by the bootloadable is at capacity (around 95%) will it start overwriting this region?

0 Likes
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

I'm worried if the flash size used by the bootloadable is at capacity (around 95%) will it start overwriting this region?

No it wont start overwriting.

If you feel your bootloadable size is high you can keep chescksum exclude region size as 10 bytes.

Regards

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi Alakananda,

I read somewhere in the documentation that we should set the checksum exclude size in bytes the same as the size of the row for the device. 

How can I insert 10 bytes if my row size is 256 bytes? 
Also if I set the checksum exclude size to 10 bytes, I wont be able to use CyWriteRowData() right?
What else can I use to write to the address then? 

Thanks for your prompt responses 🙂 

0 Likes