Capsense work in deepsleep

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mjt_4825471
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Should I use the api "CapSense_Stop()"  before  "CySysPmDeepSleep();" and after WDT wakeup use  "CapSense_Start()"?

If I don't use these two api ,    CapSense_NOT_BUSY == CapSense_IsBusy()  can't  pass. When I use the api  "CapSense_Start()"  ,the current increase 200 ua.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @mjt_4825471

Can you please let us know the device that you are using? Please confirm that you are using the latest version of the CapSense component (v7.0).

If that is the case, you need not call the Stop API before calling the DeepSleep API. However, you will have to call the Start or Resume API after waking up from Deep Sleep. Please refer to the CapSense Component Datasheet for further information regarding this. 

You can also refer to this thread - freeRTOS CapSense deep sleep 

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith

Hi @mjt_4825471

Can you please let us know the device that you are using? Please confirm that you are using the latest version of the CapSense component (v7.0).

If that is the case, you need not call the Stop API before calling the DeepSleep API. However, you will have to call the Start or Resume API after waking up from Deep Sleep. Please refer to the CapSense Component Datasheet for further information regarding this. 

You can also refer to this thread - freeRTOS CapSense deep sleep 

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
mjt_4825471
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Hello Rakshith

I use PSOC4100S and the CapSense component (v5.0),So I need to update the component to V7.0? And when WDT wakeup, I should  call the Start or Resume API. Will the current increase  above 150 ua? 

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi @mjt_4825471

I use PSOC4100S and the CapSense component (v5.0),So I need to update the component to V7.0?

Yes, please update the component to v7.0.  

And when WDT wakeup, I should  call the Start or Resume API

Yes, you can use the Resume API.

Will the current increase  above 150 ua? 

When the device wakes up and transitions to Active mode, the current is expected to be around 4mA (with CapSense enabled). Can you please let me know how you are measuring the current? What is the current reading obtained when the device is in Deep Sleep mode?

For further information regarding this, you can refer to the PSoC 4100S Datasheet.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes