Can component

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
alal_4838031
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

I'm trying to create my component that has only the CAN module in it. I want to be able to place my component in my project and call one to two functions to setup the CAN bus. I was able to create that but the timing page in the CAN module is giving me issues. Even if I calculate the values and set them in the CAN module in my component, it still gives me this error. Is there a way around this error? Or am I missing something? And does it make sense to create a component that has only the CAN module in its schematic to implement APIs for it?

alal_4838031_0-1610403900272.png

0 Likes
4 Replies
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @alal_4838031 ,  we would like to understand if you are developing your own Custom CAN component or are you using the already available PSoC Creator CAN component. Please share your PSoC Creator project to debug this issue further.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi, I'm developing my own custom component that has the PSoC Creator CAN component inside of it. The issue that I'm running into is when I place my custom component in a new project, the can component in my custom component throughs that error. My question is is there a way around this? Or am I missing something else?

0 Likes
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @alal_4838031 , Can you please share your PSoC Creator project here so that we can debug this issue further?

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi @BragadeeshV, unfortunately I cannot share my project here. But I want to create a custom component that wraps the CAN PSoC component. So that you can use this custom component instead of the CAN PSoC component. Does it make sense to create a custom component that wraps the CAN PSoC component? Or is there a different way to create your own custom CAN component?

0 Likes