Can I use a CY8CKIT-042-BLE Pioneer Baseboard to debug a CY8CKIT-049-42XX?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JiPe_861341
Level 1
Level 1

I have connected the program pins of the -049-42xx to J6 on the -042-BLE.  PSOC Programmer sees the target device and programs it with no problems.  PSOC Creator does not see the target device and will not enable debugging.  I must be missing something!  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JiPe_861341
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I am now able to debug using the CY8CKIT-042-BLE Pioneer Baseboard.  The problem was that I connected the 042 and expected PSoC Creator to recognize that its environment had changed.  It did not!  It only recognized the presence of the debugger after exiting Creator and restarting it.

I would suggest to Cypress that a future revision of Creator have a way to tell it to rescan its environment.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Yes, this is intended. CY8CKIT-049 doesn't have an onboard programmer. It uses UART bootloader in PSoC 4 and a USB-Serial chip to bootload new application images.

You can use this to program another PSoC 4 device by configuring this as a UART-SWD bridge, you can learn how to do so here: Using the CY8CKIT-049 to Program Another PSoC® 4 - KBA93541

This can only be used to program since the above implementation is a modified Host Sourced Serial Programming (HSSP) and debugging is not supported over the interface.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
JiPe_861341
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I am now able to debug using the CY8CKIT-042-BLE Pioneer Baseboard.  The problem was that I connected the 042 and expected PSoC Creator to recognize that its environment had changed.  It did not!  It only recognized the presence of the debugger after exiting Creator and restarting it.

I would suggest to Cypress that a future revision of Creator have a way to tell it to rescan its environment.

Thanks.

0 Likes