Can CY8CKIT-037 BLDC motor driver kit be used to drive a 2 phase BLDC motor instead of a conventional 3 phase BLDC motor?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
haal_4512006
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2 phase sensor less BLDC motor which i intend to control. I was surfing through the web, saw this cool kit used to control BLDC motors.  The motor which comes along with the kit is a conventional 3 phase BLDC motor but i want to control a 2 phase BLDC instead. Can this kit be used in my intended application?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Hammad,

From my observation the driving circuit for 2 phase circuit seems to be different from the 3 phase circuit. In the 037 kit H bridges are made use. But for 2 phase circuit it is not necessary. An NMOS seems to be sufficient in its case. You may be able to use all the 4 NMOS and leave all the PMOS untouched( in the available H bridge), just for reusing the hardware for your purpose. Then again see the connections required. J19, J20, J21 select the bridge connections as required. Additionally please see the kit user guide to understand the driver circuit.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Hammad,

From my observation the driving circuit for 2 phase circuit seems to be different from the 3 phase circuit. In the 037 kit H bridges are made use. But for 2 phase circuit it is not necessary. An NMOS seems to be sufficient in its case. You may be able to use all the 4 NMOS and leave all the PMOS untouched( in the available H bridge), just for reusing the hardware for your purpose. Then again see the connections required. J19, J20, J21 select the bridge connections as required. Additionally please see the kit user guide to understand the driver circuit.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes