Calling CySmart APIs by connecting CySmart-DLLs in Labview

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Here is what I’m trying to do:

I have a broadcaster who advertise data every 2 seconds. And I want to collect those adv data on my computer with my custom Labview program.

I have installed CySmart 1.2 on my PC and I’ve read the document about CySmart Dongle DLLs and APIs.

Now I want to connect those DLLs in my Labview program so I could use those APIs to get adv data from my broadcaster.

But I’m trouble calling those DLLs in labview. I just want to make sure this is totally doable and I don’t want to make efforts in vain eventually if this is not feasible at all.

And if it is feasible, can you tell me how to do that? Is there an example?

Btw I am using Labview 2013.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Luis,

now I've worked out an alternative solution to this problem.

I've given up calling DLL-APIs in Labview and given up using Cypress Dongle, instead I made my own "Dongle" which consists of PSOC4-BLE and MCP2200(USB to COM). My "Dongle" scans adv data and send them to PC via virtual COM(uart <-> usb <-> PC_COM).

It's much easier to operate COM in labview instead of calling DLL-APIs.

Hope this can help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
LuMo_1653921
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working with something similar, but still I have some issues.

see my post here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/BLE-Bluetooth-NET-API/m-p/3307221/

I hope we can help each other

Luis

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Luis,

now I've worked out an alternative solution to this problem.

I've given up calling DLL-APIs in Labview and given up using Cypress Dongle, instead I made my own "Dongle" which consists of PSOC4-BLE and MCP2200(USB to COM). My "Dongle" scans adv data and send them to PC via virtual COM(uart <-> usb <-> PC_COM).

It's much easier to operate COM in labview instead of calling DLL-APIs.

Hope this can help.

0 Likes