CYSmart cannot connect to Phone Alert Handler

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
azcypro1
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted Welcome!

I am using a Galaxy Note 3 (Samsung says "Bluetooth 4 (Low Energy)" in the specs).  CySmart sees the Phone Alert Handler (running on the BLE Pioneer Kit- CY8CKIT-042-BLE) but when I tap that device in CySmart, I get a message: "Cannot connect to the device".

I am a BLE noob.  Where do I start?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which Andorid OS does it have?

Regards,

Vikas

0 Likes
azcypro1
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted Welcome!

I should've included that- it's Android 5.0  Thanks for asking!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This could be CySmart Android Appliction issue. The project (Phone Alert Status profile) is a GAP Peripheral (so that it can advertise) but is a GATT Client (meaning it pings for data). Also, the project requires Unauthenticated Pairing with Encryption+Bonding as security measure and I feel it is here where the issue lies. Thanks for brining it to our notice. We will debug the issue and will update the App after fix, if any.

I would like to bring to your attention that the Phone Alert Status project, if you have pciked from BLE Component of PSoC Creator, contains a USB-UART terminal that can be used for debugging and seeing the current status of the project. Just use any termianl (like TeraTerm) and set the COM port associated with kit to 115200 baud rate.

0 Likes