CYBLE_GAP_MAX_BONDED_DEVICE=4u

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HeKa_1704711
Level 2
Level 2
First like given Welcome!

Hello

I using the BLE224110-00 and the replacement 224116-01 whit bonded list. In my first test for round about 3 Jears i tested with 8 Divices now i had to test vor the finial test agan and I can not connect more than 4. In the past, you could specify the maximum divice number in the BLE icon menu, which is no longer possible. CYBLE_GAP_MAX_BONDED_DEVICE=4u but i need 8. How can I change this.CYBLE_GAP_SIZE_OF_WHITELIST is 8. I need 8 device it is not possibal to disconnect the divice and connect the next 4(because the timing is than to slow).

best regards

H. Feldmann

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello Feldmann,

The maximum number of remote devices that can be bonded are four only. You can remove the bonded data of previous device by using the API CyBle_GapRemoveBondedDevice (CYBLE_GAP_BD_ADDR_T *bdAddr) which will remove the bonding information of the device including CCCD values. So, you can use this API to clear all the bonded devices.

Please refer Day015_Bonding Project in the GitHub for more information on bonding (storing and removing of the bonded data).

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello Feldmann,

The maximum number of remote devices that can be bonded are four only. You can remove the bonded data of previous device by using the API CyBle_GapRemoveBondedDevice (CYBLE_GAP_BD_ADDR_T *bdAddr) which will remove the bonding information of the device including CCCD values. So, you can use this API to clear all the bonded devices.

Please refer Day015_Bonding Project in the GitHub for more information on bonding (storing and removing of the bonded data).

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Capture.JPG

When I started developing our product, the BLE menu still looked like this(Creator3.3). But it wars not gray and you can change the divice up to 8. The API CyBle_GapRemoveBondedDevice deletes the module deletes from the white list. That is not what i want. I do not understand why the white list is 8 if I can not use 8 divices. So I think there must be a possibility to get the next 4 moduls whithout CyBle_GapRemoveBondedDevice otherwise you wouldnt need a white list up to 8.

0 Likes

Hello Feldmann,

The "Maximum Bonded Device " option in the BLE component shows how many maximum number of bonded devices that can be supported which is four. And the "Maximum Whitelist Size" shows the maximum number of devices that can be added to the whitelist which is 8.

Bonded devices list will contains the list of devices which are bonded where bonding is the process in which the keys and the identity information exchanged during the pairing process are saved. Whitelist contains a set of Bluetooth device addresses that the Link Layer of a BLE device uses to filter advertisers, scanners and connection initiators.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hello Yugandhar,

Ms. Feldmann is talking about the time multiplexed Central example (Day 30 PSoC-4-BLE/Time Multiplexed Central.cywrk.Archive01.zip at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BL... ).

An older Creator Version supported 8 Devices in the bonding list. We needed to use the bonding list because the time multiplexing was to slow without it.

Do you have any work around or could you check if there is any other solution which provides a fast multiplexing with 8 Devices.

Thank you in advance

Philipp Dimitriou

0 Likes

Hello Philipp,

The maximum number of remote devices that can be bonded are four devices. We can refer to the GitHub example Time multiplexed Central example which explains on connecting to more than one GAP Peripheral device in a round-robin manner.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes