cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 4 MCU

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I m new with BLE and totaly stupid about it. I would like to know how to use the PA integrated for more range(db power).

thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

PROBLEM SOLVED...I opened a ticket and I have a fast response!

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an96841-getting-started-ez-ble-module?source=...

PAGE 103 howto to ENABLE EXTERNAL PA

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please refer section 23 in the below Application Note:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an91445-antenna-design-and-rf-layout-guidelin...

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it s not what I seek. The CYBLE-224110-00 have an internal PA/LNA. This chip is a SE2438T. The ble module is XT (extented  range).It can output 9.5 db for 400 mt range.My question is : how I can change the power transmission to 9.5db? In the BLE COMPONENT iI can only choise the 3db power.

0 Likes
Esteemed Contributor II

"This chip is a SE2438T"  There is no chip inside a PSoC except the PSoC itself. And I never heard about a power amplifier for a BLE. Probably you need to explain a bit more what you are referring to.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

the CYBLE-224110-00 it s a new product with extended range (400mt ! 9.5 db power output). I buy the dev kit few days ago. If you seek the datasheet on page 1 on description or  page 14 there are the schematics and you can see this IC. 

0 Likes
Esteemed Contributor II

Now I understand!

Apparently the output of the PA is controlled by the SE2438T supply voltages Vcc, Vcc1 and Vcc2. See SE2438T datasheet, table 6 pg. 8

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I check the datasheet, to control the PA there are 4 control pin. This pin set the state of the PA (standby, TX,Receive and power or bypass ).

I think this pin need to be controlled from BLE component to switch correctly from transmit or receive mode.So maybe I have to wait a new version of this component???

HELP HELP

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

PROBLEM SOLVED...I opened a ticket and I have a fast response!

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an96841-getting-started-ez-ble-module?source=...

PAGE 103 howto to ENABLE EXTERNAL PA

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tanks, very useful. Need to remember that enabling the PA will increase the absorbed current by 2.5 mA, so you need to manually manage the enable/disable of PA as explained on "Power Saving Measures with PA/LNA Operation" section of "CYBLE-224110-00 EZ-BLE PSoC XT/XR Module Datasheet.pdf"

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,all: According to AN96841 guideline, I only can get about -30dBm PA output by handset detection. But it faraway with the 9.5dBm. So, Who could help provide a program or profile to prove it?

0 Likes