CYBLE-212006-01 BLE not working, not advertising

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaPa_3540076
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using the CYBLE-212006-EVAL board with the BLE Pioneer Kit and I cannot get it to transmit / advertise. I've tried several examples, some from scratch, some by using existing designs and then changing the device through "device selector" menu and nothing has worked so far. In the latest attempt I followed the instructions in section 9 of the "Getting started with EZ-BLE Creator Modules" app note 96841 and that doesn't work either. In some cases I can take the non working project and change the device in the project back to CYC8KIT-142 and then swap the board and the same project works.

I would appreciate if someone can provide a known good project that is configured to use the CYBLE-212006-EVAL.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
SayaniS_66
10 likes received First like received

Hello,

The CYBLE-212006-01 module is a XR module. You need to enable extended range feature first to make the appropriate connections. If you do not want the extended range feature, you can later bypass it.

Please implement 'Enabling Extended Range Feature' on page 15 of the linked document in your code.

http://www.cypress.com/file/318881/download

-Sayani.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
SayaniS_66
10 likes received First like received

Hello,

The CYBLE-212006-01 module is a XR module. You need to enable extended range feature first to make the appropriate connections. If you do not want the extended range feature, you can later bypass it.

Please implement 'Enabling Extended Range Feature' on page 15 of the linked document in your code.

http://www.cypress.com/file/318881/download

-Sayani.

0 Likes
DaPa_3540076
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks, I have those instructions in the latest code, and the LEDs on the pioneer board are all OFF meaning not advertising, no error, no disconnect. Not sure what to do next.

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you share your project so that we can look into the issue closely.

-Sayani.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I got the same problem with the CYBLE-212006-01. I was trying the Adding a Fixed Stack OTA Bootloader Example but it didn't work. It doesn't advertise and the LEDs aren't working aswell.

My project is right here.

-Matthias

0 Likes

I got it working, there were bugs in the code I couldn't figure out so I went back to the Cypress Capsense project example and added the following as instructed in http://www.cypress.com/file/318881/download

/* define the test register to switch the PA/LNA hardware control pins */

#define

CYREG_SRSS_TST_DDFT_CTRL 0x40030008

/* Mandatory events to be handled by BLE application code */

case CYBLE_EVT_STACK_ON:

/* Configure the Link Layer to automatically switch PA control pin P3[2] and LNA control pin P3[3] */

CY_SET_XTND_REG32((void CYFAR *)(CYREG_BLE_BLESS_RF_CONFIG),0x0331);

CY_SET_XTND_REG32((void CYFAR *)(CYREG_SRSS_TST_DDFT_CTRL), 0x80000302);

Now everything works.

0 Likes
LiDo_2439176
Level 5
Level 5
First question asked 50 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi,

If your project use SW2 then you must check if it is connected to P1[0].

On BLE Pioneer Kit user button (SW2) is connected to P2[7] which is mapped to P1[0] on CYBLE-212006-EVAL.

0 Likes
DaPa_3540076
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The project is not using SW2. Only SW1 is used for resetting the module.

0 Likes