[CYBLE-212006-01] BLE API List/Manual for Developer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HeLi_2598731
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi Cypress,

I am developing BLE sensors with CYBLE-212006-01 and using PSoC Creator 4.3, is there any document or online web to let me understand more about the APIs?

For example:

I would like to understanding the usage of start/stop advertising. It's hard for me to find any API doc about this.

I just Google and find below options:

1. Call CyBle_GappStartAdvertisement() or CyBle_GappStopAdvertisement()

2. Call CyBle_EnterDiscoveryMode() or CyBle_ExitDiscoveryMode()

But I want to know the difference or maybe one of the set is deprecated or not suggested for directly use it. Where can I get more details about the APIs?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Please refer to the BLE component(v3.64) datasheet for more information on the list of APIs. Also, in PSoC Creator, if you right click on the BLE component you can find the Datasheet.

Both APIs(CyBle_GappStartAdvertisement & CyBle_GappEnterDiscoveryMode) are used for starting the Advertisement. CyBle_GappStartAdvertisement(uint8 advertisingIntervalType) function is used to start the advertisement using the advertisement data set in the component customizer's GUI with advertisingIntervalType(Fast or slow advertising interval) as input parameter.
CyBle_GappEnterDiscoveryMode(CYBLE_GAPP_DISC_MODE_INFO_T *advInfo) function sets the device into discoverable mode. In the discoverable mode, based on the parameters passed to this function, the BLE Device starts advertisement and can respond to scan requests. Please refer to the BLE component datasheet for more information.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Please refer to the BLE component(v3.64) datasheet for more information on the list of APIs. Also, in PSoC Creator, if you right click on the BLE component you can find the Datasheet.

Both APIs(CyBle_GappStartAdvertisement & CyBle_GappEnterDiscoveryMode) are used for starting the Advertisement. CyBle_GappStartAdvertisement(uint8 advertisingIntervalType) function is used to start the advertisement using the advertisement data set in the component customizer's GUI with advertisingIntervalType(Fast or slow advertising interval) as input parameter.
CyBle_GappEnterDiscoveryMode(CYBLE_GAPP_DISC_MODE_INFO_T *advInfo) function sets the device into discoverable mode. In the discoverable mode, based on the parameters passed to this function, the BLE Device starts advertisement and can respond to scan requests. Please refer to the BLE component datasheet for more information.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.