CYBLE-022001-00 BLE peripheral device with custom profile not recognized by Samsung j5 phone and some other similar Android devices.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi to all,

I have a BLE device using CYBLE-022001-00 device implementing a custom profile with settings and functionality very similar to Cypress Day020_BLE_UART Example (Peripheral).

My device uses a custom BLE profile to implementation a UART communication with Tablet or Android phones devices.
Many tablets and many phones are able to discover and connect to my device but now I found three different devices that are not able to discover my devices:

- Samsung J5 with android 6.01
- Sony Xperia XZ1 with Android 8.0.
- Huawei P10 with Android 7

Other devices with BT LE are working on these phones, only my devices cannot be found.

Anyone have any experience with that or have a suggestion to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Giorgio.

0 Likes
2 Replies
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

Hi Giorgio,

That would be phone manufacturer specific as some manufactures may not implement/restrict some features of the BLE protocol in their devices. Have you done any research on those phone models?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some manufacturer's do specific bluetooth timing and protocol requirements beyond what the BLE protocol specifies (or what Cypress does). Checking the manufacturer models/specifics would be your best bet in this case as srds​ stated above.