CYBLE-012011-00 Problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CaFe_1297911
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

Some years ago I've used CYBLE-012011-00 to developed a product after more than 10k units sold I'm facing a problem with new units.

The same module same board doesn't work with some new smartphones such as Samsung A51 or Samsung A20e!
but your other module CYBLE-014008-00 works just fine with all the devices!
Or even your new PSOC6!

I'm sure it isn't an SW issue because I've already tried with your BLE Find Me example in all these devices to be sure the code was the same etc.

This is a huge problem since I've thousands of units produced but they don't work on clients' phones!

I've pictures and videos that prove it but I can share with the Cypress team but only in a private way due to confidentiality!

Kindly ask you for attention on this matter,

Yours sincerely,

Carlos

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello CaFe_1297911 ,

Setting the ECO Capacitance trim values in the firmware might helps. ECO capacitance trim is required to supply the correct capacitance load to achive 0 ppm for the ECO. By default, the ECO capacitance trim values are set to the trim values of PSoC 4 BLE / PRoC 4 BLE modules. If any other BLE module is used (such as, EZ-BLE module), the trim values should be changed to the values provided by that module’s datasheet. Please refer to this KBA ECO Capacitance Trim Values for EZ-BLE™ Modules - KBA218990  for the CAPTRIM Register value.

Please let me know your observations after adding the Cap trim value. If you are still facing the issue then please create a technical support case from this link and share the details of the error.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello CaFe_1297911 ,

Setting the ECO Capacitance trim values in the firmware might helps. ECO capacitance trim is required to supply the correct capacitance load to achive 0 ppm for the ECO. By default, the ECO capacitance trim values are set to the trim values of PSoC 4 BLE / PRoC 4 BLE modules. If any other BLE module is used (such as, EZ-BLE module), the trim values should be changed to the values provided by that module’s datasheet. Please refer to this KBA ECO Capacitance Trim Values for EZ-BLE™ Modules - KBA218990  for the CAPTRIM Register value.

Please let me know your observations after adding the Cap trim value. If you are still facing the issue then please create a technical support case from this link and share the details of the error.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes