CYBLE-012011-00: Issue with programming the chip

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. I have a customer board using CYBLE-012011-00 chip. The progKit i used is a homemade 5 pin cable with CY8CKIT-043 KitProg. The debug 5-pin cable has a SWIO, SWCLK, RST, GND, VDD. 

Issue right now is that when i connnect my board to the computer using CY8CKIT-043 KitProg. Psoc Creator 3.3 shows the following error messgae. Error: dbg. M0023: There was an error while programming the device: Connection with device lost udring programming. Verify the device is connected and try again. The program i tried to upload is just the BLE find_my_place+LED blink.(Lab 1) It actually works in the CY8CKIT-042-BLE kit using the default PRoc board. 

We also have CY8CKIT-042-BLE kit in hand. Would it be possible to use the baseboard progamming my chip(CYBLE-012011-00). I also see there are same 5-pin pinout there. 

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

That will need some modifications on the -042 pioneer kit. I would concentrate on getting your kitprog working.

A good try would be using the PSoC programmer software which also checks for latest Kitprog firmware.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. I already did that. I updated whatever it said i need to update. In PSoC programmer, it shows it's connected, passed(all green). 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When you re-connect your kitprog to the (rest of) CY8CKit-043 does programming work again? Would be proving your programmer is still functioning. What's about power consumption of your board, power noise (use a scope). Is there any additional hardware on your board? Tolerating 5V??

Bob

0 Likes