CY8CKIT-149 PSOC 4100S Plus slider implementation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
GeFLo
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello,

The capsense slider of the CY8CKIT-149 is implemented with a Tx  pin , which is required in the  mutual capacitive sensing (CSX) mode. On the PCB design, the TX trace is distributed between every segment.  So hardware is OK for a slider in CSX mode. However when I checked in the "CE220891_CapSense_with_breathing_LED" project with PSCOC Creator, there is no other choice but CSD (self capacitance) for slider. 

I don't understand.Is it possible to configure slide in CSX mode? If no, why is the CY8CKIT-149  hardware implemented for It?

Best Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

No, the slider only be supported by CSD. The hardware design aims to be compatible with the future version.

The parameter to select the sensing mode for each widget:
▪ CSD sensing method (Capacitive Sigma Delta) – A Cypress patented method of
performing self-capacitance measurements. All widget types support CSD sensing.
▪ CSX sensing method – A Cypress patented method of performing mutual-capacitance
measurements. Only buttons, matrix buttons, and touchpad widgets support CSX
sensing

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
LinglingG_46

No, the slider only be supported by CSD. The hardware design aims to be compatible with the future version.

The parameter to select the sensing mode for each widget:
▪ CSD sensing method (Capacitive Sigma Delta) – A Cypress patented method of
performing self-capacitance measurements. All widget types support CSD sensing.
▪ CSX sensing method – A Cypress patented method of performing mutual-capacitance
measurements. Only buttons, matrix buttons, and touchpad widgets support CSX
sensing

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
GeFLo
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you for information. I understand better now.

I have to implement a 9 position slider in my design.  The slider will be necesseraly CSD mode.  Do you recommend to follow the design rules  given in the "AN85951 PsoC4 and PSoC6 MCU CapSense Design Guide" (see the attached fpng) or copy the CY8CKIT-149  slider PCB design?

The CY8CKIT-149  slider PCB design works well but rules given in the design guide seem to guarantee  a perfect solution. I don't know which one is the best.

Best Regards

0 Likes
LinglingG_46

It is recommended that you could follow the AN85951 instead of copy the CY8Ckit-149.

CY8CKIT-149 is a demo kit which should show our customer which function the chip support.

0 Likes
GeFLo
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you for your information.  I will follow the AN85951.

One last question, I suppose that the 2k serial resistors, present  in CY8CKIT-149  slider design, must not be implemented in CSD mode.  Can you confirm that?

Best Regards

0 Likes
GeFLo
Level 2
Level 2

I saw  in AN85951 (page  144) document that series resistors for Capsense in CSD mode is generally 560 ohms.  I will implement this value.

0 Likes
LinglingG_46

Ok, 560 is the recommended value.

0 Likes