CY8CKIT 042 BLE-A

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        My application is optical heart rate monitor. Can I use PRoC4 BLE module instead of PSoC4 BLE module from CY8CKIT 042 BLE kit for this application???   
0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Well, then just try it. You can easily take your project, set a different target device and compile. The PSoC Creator will tell you whether it works or not.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
19 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Depends. Does your solution use any components that are not available in the PRoC modules (e.g. UDBs)?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        No.. Just port pins only   
0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Well, then just try it. You can easily take your project, set a different target device and compile. The PSoC Creator will tell you whether it works or not.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thank you   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Is there any output images of optical heart rate monitor using PSoC4 BLE (CY8CKIT-042)?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am using CY8CKIT 042 BLE. From where i can take VDD_IN and VDD voltages to optical  heart rate sensing circuit? and

Is it necessory to give capsense sensors,programming header,power and xres connections?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You do not need to connect signals that are not in use. You may disable compunents that are on your topdesign when you do not need them in the current project and remove (comment) access to the components from your program.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        VDD , VDD_IN signals are used in heart rate sensing circuit. So from where I have to give those signals to sensing circuit from PSoC4 BLE??   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

In the "Quick Start Guide" are all connectors and their signals listed. There you see from where you can pick Vdd and GND. The input VIN is freely selectable but needs to be connected on your topdesign.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable
        Ya.. But there s several vdd connections like vddr,vddd,vdda.. That's why am asked... In baseboard ble_vdd is available.. Shall I use this singal as vdd_in and vdd for my circuit??   
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

There is a 3.3V and a 5V terminal on the board, Use the one that fits your sensor.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thank you:)   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You are always welcome!

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please help me to download cysmart 1.0? Because it showing an error while downloading.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        BLE dongle is not supporting cysmart1.0 and cysmart 1.2. What is the reason for that?   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Probably wrong firmware.

Check first with PSoC Programmer for an actual update of  the Kitprog which is the PC-Dongle interface.

Then program the required dongle firmware: follow the directions in the BLE Kit Guide chapter 3.6

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        My application is detected in mobile. But not showing the heart rate. While pressing user button Cysmart app is detected but the cysmart 1.2 software is disappeared in my system. What is the reason for that? What is the way to view heart rate in cysmart app? Please help me.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I couldn't find any image files to update OTA firmware. I refered cysmart user guide. But there is no files like that.Anyone help me to find solution ? If I update, there is any chance to get heart rate? In cysmart app battery level is working but not heart rate. Please help me.   
0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Please, when you have a new question open a new thread. No need to hijack one that already solved another problem. Nobody will suspect a question about CySmart in a thread about the BLE kit - so you won't get all the people looking at it that might be able to help you.

Thanks!

0 Likes