CY8C4247AZI-M485  LCD

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

CY8C4247AZI-M485  is compatible for any char lcd?

0 Likes
6 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have vitek lcd display . Is its compatible for psoc 4?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, subhash!

The Character LCD component is designed for the HD44780 controller which is quite different from the controller within your LCD.

The good news: You may program anything you like into the PSoC, so with some work you can use a display like yours.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  BOb

how to configure this char lcd?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The configurable Items for the character LCD component are restricted to IO-port number and character set. It uses a 4-bit wide bus and 3 control lines, while your Lcd uses 8 bit wide bus and some (I didn't count them) controls.

When using PSoCs you may build your own components to support your own hardware, programming is done in C-language, compiler used is GCC. I would suggest you to

Order a CY8CKIT-043 PSoC4-M  prototyping kit

Download and install latest Creator version for free and start to get acquainted with the way to design with PSoCs watching some of the helpful videos.

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Subhash: Here is a program to try.  It is for the HD44780 controller. I did some research on the web and they said that your display is compatible with it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all

i have done it

0 Likes