CY8C4014SXI-421 Watchdog

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ApPo_1339236
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Dear Group Members,

I am using CY8C4014SXI-421 IC for my Touch Application. Sometimes my button is getting hang. After removing the PCB connector and connecting again IC is working. So I want to implement Watchdog Timer in my Application. IC should restart after several seconds (2 seconds for example). Help me regarding Watchdog Timer implementation.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @ApPo_1339236 

As per my understanding of the issue, you need to generate a watchdog reset after a certain amount of time (2 secs for example) in case the PSoC hangs.

To begin with, you can go through the following code example: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce210292-psoc-4s-watchdog-timer that shows how WDT can be configured to be used as a system reset counter.

For PSoC 4 devices, the Watchdog Timer (WDT) APIs have been moved into separate files
(CyLFClk.h/CyLFClk.c) which are a part of the generated source in PSoC Creator.

Let me know if you want any further clarifications.

Best Regards
Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @ApPo_1339236 

As per my understanding of the issue, you need to generate a watchdog reset after a certain amount of time (2 secs for example) in case the PSoC hangs.

To begin with, you can go through the following code example: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce210292-psoc-4s-watchdog-timer that shows how WDT can be configured to be used as a system reset counter.

For PSoC 4 devices, the Watchdog Timer (WDT) APIs have been moved into separate files
(CyLFClk.h/CyLFClk.c) which are a part of the generated source in PSoC Creator.

Let me know if you want any further clarifications.

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes