CY5677 can't connect to CYBLE-212020-01

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to connect to a 4.2 BLE module CYBLE-212020-01 (peripheral server) using a BLE dongle CY5677 (BLE 4.2) but the connection is not possible. I can see the device using CySmart1.2 but cannot connect to it.

I have not any problem doing the same thing using my cell phone. The same code running on a CY8C4247LQI-BL483 (pioneer kit) doesn't present any problem. I can see the device and can connect to it.

Any suggestion about what's happening?

Thanks so much.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi,

Can you please try setting ECO cap trim value for CYBLE-212020-01 as suggested in following KBA and try?

http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/eco-capacitance-trim-values-ez-ble-modules-kba218990

For setting ECO capacitance trim value in firmware, add the following code in the CYBLE_EVT_STACK_ON event: 

CY_SET_XTND_REG32((void CYFAR *)(CYREG_BLE_BLERD_BB_XO_CAPTRIM), 0x0000BCBC); 

Regards,
Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you change pinouts, hardware configurations, etc. for switching between the two modules?

By same firmware, I assume you mean the same *.c files as well as the same components?

Giving the errors/responses from the CySmart upon connection attempt would be helpful; Also, if you can post a minimal-bundle-zip-archive of your project so we can check hardware settings etc, it will help for us to see what the file settings are 🙂

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Did you update the dongle to the latest firmware for CYSmart 1.2 Hex file?

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi,

Can you please try setting ECO cap trim value for CYBLE-212020-01 as suggested in following KBA and try?

http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/eco-capacitance-trim-values-ez-ble-modules-kba218990

For setting ECO capacitance trim value in firmware, add the following code in the CYBLE_EVT_STACK_ON event: 

CY_SET_XTND_REG32((void CYFAR *)(CYREG_BLE_BLERD_BB_XO_CAPTRIM), 0x0000BCBC); 

Regards,
Anjana

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I tried setting ECO cap trim value and now it's working fine! That was the stuff.

Thank you all, specially thanks to Anjana!

0 Likes