CSD ADC component & Cmod pin routing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Working with a design incorporating a CY8C4014 MCU, and am trying to map Cmod to P0.1.  However, the only option which seems available in the Analog Editor is P0.4.  Is this expected?  This is with PSoC Creator v4.1 Update 1, and current version of the CSD ADC component.

Any insight would be appreciated...

Thanks!

-Cory

0 Likes
1 Solution
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Cory,

For PSoC4000/4100/4200 seires (no S), even though you can choose another pin instead of the dedicated pin, the dedicated pin will be occupied. For example P0.4 of PSoC4000, P4.2 of PSoC4200.

Thanks,

Ryan  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RyanZhao

Hi Cory,

Yes. This is expected. P0.4 of CY8C4014 is dedicated pin for Cmod. For some other PSoC4 devices, even though you can choose other pin instead of dedicated pin for Cmod, that dedicated pin may not be used for other functions.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ryan,

Just curious how that squares with the information in http://www.cypress.com/file/46081/download​ ...?  Notably Tables 7-7 and 7-8.

From what I'm seeing (with actual boards on my desk), P0.4 sits at 1.2 V - which is what I'd expect if it were functioning as Cmod.  And PSoC creator __allows__ me to specify P0.1 in the Pin Editor...but when I look in the Analog Editor I see that P0.4 is drawn as the source for the Cmod node on the CSD0 element, and the SPICE tool reports a 0 ohm impedance between P0.4 and the Cmod node...

Thanks and best regards,

-Cory

0 Likes
RyanZhao

Hi Cory,

For PSoC4000/4100/4200 seires (no S), even though you can choose another pin instead of the dedicated pin, the dedicated pin will be occupied. For example P0.4 of PSoC4000, P4.2 of PSoC4200.

Thanks,

Ryan