CMSIS DAP 找不到CY8C4014LQI-422,无法下载程序

公告

大中华汽车电子生态圈社区并入开发者社区- 更多资讯点击此

Tip / 登入 to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gRa_4815211
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First question asked First reply posted

我画了一块CY8C4014LQI-422的简单CapSense板子,我在外部3.3V供电下使用PSoC自带的Programmer和debugger都无法找到该芯片,但可以识别到CY8C4245AXI-483(CY8CKIT-049-42xx 开发板,我掰掉了usb serial部分),也是在外部3.3V供电下,似乎可以调试,这里未尝试。

4014.png

这是部分原理图,我注意到文档中有提到P1.6在启动期间不能接地,在这里的P1.6(ADDR_2)是悬空状态。R5至R8在样板中暂时没有焊接。上电后VDD 3.3V  VCC 1.8V,供电部分似乎是正常的。

dap.png

该问题困惑我多天,我换了好几个芯片也不行,挖掉板子上的EP焊盘也不行。

0 点赞
1 解答

Hi gRa.

Great news!

Thanks for the update.

And here's something to keep in mind should you purchase a Miniprog, or continue to use any CMSIS-DAP.

When using PSoC and you wish to use the SWD pin alternate GPIO functions, you will "brick" the PsoC for future programming after it's been programmed the first time.  This is detailed in PSoC Programmer release notes.

See this discussion:

CY8C4014SXI-420 only able to succesfully program once

Kitprog is the only safe method to program these devices that I know of (or use a Bootloader) when you want to use the SWD/GPIO alternate function.

Good luck with your project.

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 点赞
14 回复数
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

从原理图上看不出有什么问题。P1.6 悬空芯片就不会进入 test 模式, SWD 引脚分配也是正确的。电源部分你的测试数据也没有问题。

我建议你的检查一下 CY8C4014LQI-422 的焊接,如果手上有逻辑分析仪的话,也抓取一下数据看看。  SWDIO/CLK线上的信号的波动范围应该是 0-VDDD 才对,如果波动范围不对的话,一般是焊接问题。

0 点赞

感谢您的回答。我用示波器看了下,信号电平似乎没什么问题。这块板子不太适合调试,我重新做了个方便调试的板子,估计过几天会到,到时候我再来反馈问题。

还有想请教一下还有什么低成本的调试器?CY8CKIT-147或者CY8CKIT-059似乎支持swd,是否能当作这个芯片的调试器?我也怀疑是不是我的调试器有问题。

0 点赞
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello gRa.

KIT-049 USB UART downloading only works with PSoC chip that has a previously programmed Bootloader.  This is the case for KIT-049 CY8C4542 device.

4014 device does not have a previously programmed Bootloader.  Therefore, USB UART will not program it.

You'll need KitProg from KIT-059, or from KIT-043, for example, or MiniProg to program 4014.

With some effort, you could use KIT-049 to program 4014:

Using the CY8CKIT-049 to Program Another PSoC® ... | Cypress Developer Community

And, keep the SWD wires short length.  5cm works well.

Hope this helps.

0 点赞

Hi BiBi,

Thanks for your reply.

I currently use CMSIS DAP to programming. CMSIS DAP can find CY8C4245AXI-483 (via SWD) but cannot find CY8C4014LQI-422 (via SWD).

I plan to buy KIT-059 and try again, maybe my CMSIS DAP work is not very stable.

0 点赞

Hi gRa.

Interesting.

KIT-049 operates at 5V.

CY8C4014 circuit is operating at 3.3V.

Does CMSIS DAP operate at 3.3V ?

(Sorry, I am not familiar with CMSIS DAP method)

Could 4014 be now damaged with 5V applied to SWD (from CMSIS DAP)?

0 点赞

Actually I use external 3.3v to power Kit-049(I broke off the USB Serial part) and 4014, my CMSIS DAP works at 3.3v.

5V signal input may damage my CMSIS-DAP, or not working properly.

4014 can use 3.3v or 5v power supply. It supports wide voltage input.

0 点赞

Hi gRa.

I use KitProg from KIT-059 to program 4013 and 4014 devices.

When using KitProg and the target is not 5V, remove diode D1 from KitProg pcb.  Otherwise, KitProg will supply 5V to target device.  This is documented in KIT-059 Prototyping Guide.  Unfortunately, it's not mentioned in KitProg User Guide.  By removing D1, KitProg can measure the voltage on Vtarg, in this case 3.3V, and will adjust its SWD signals for 3.3V operation.

I also noticed from your original post, CMSIS Dap is operating at 10MHz.  PSoC 4245 can be programmed at that speed without setting its CPU clock to 48MHz.  However, PSoC 40xx family needs to have the CPU speed set to 48MHz through SWD before its FLASH can be programmed.  This is detailed in PSoC 40xx Programming Specification, see Table 1-1.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/programming-specifications/cy8c4xxx-cyblxxxx-programming-speci...

I wonder if CMSIS DAP programmer is doing this for 4014?

Also, the schematic above, does not have a pull-up resistor on XRES pin.  PSoC has an internal pull-up resistor, but I find it doesn't work on XRES pin.  You might consider adding an external resistor (or at least experiment by adding one).

0 点赞

Hi BiBi,

Thanks for the tip. I have purchased CY8CKIT-059 and redesigned the PCB for easy debugging.

I need to wait a few days to get them. If I have any progress, I will share it immediately.

0 点赞
gRa_4815211
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First question asked First reply posted

Update:

photo_2020-12-03_23-08-10.jpg

I redesigned a simple core board. But the problem still exists.

CMSIS-DAP cannot find the chip, but there has been some progress. When I pull up the SWD, I can see that the chip is found in a Target, but the ID cannot be recognized.

TIM图片20201203230823.jpg

My Kit-059 is coming soon, I plan to use KitProg on Kit-059 to try it.

0 点赞

Nice breakout board!!!

You might also try a pull-up resistor on SWDIO, and on XRES.

I'm curious.  What are you using for CMSIS-DAP hardware?  Is this Miniprog3 or Miniprog4?

If it's Miniprog, can you attach screen capture of Miniprog configuration window (from PSoC Programmer).

The screen capture above is from PSoC Creator.  Have you tried programming from PSoC Programmer?

I would also suggest slowing down the SWD_CLK to 1.6MHz (the default speed).

Do you have the Build configuration set to Release or Debug?

Are you changing debug port pin functions from Debug mode to GPIO?

0 点赞

Hi, I'm late.

My KIT-059 arrived yesterday, 4014 can be found in the KitProg and can be program and debug.

Before that, I used STLink V3 SET (using CMSIS DAP firmware, not the original firmware) to connect 4014, but it did not work.

I think this CMSIS DAP may be a `general` programmer in PSoC, so I don’t have too many options to set it.

20201205015530.png

I think I can use KitProg to continue development.

If anyone wants to know more details about STLink V3 SET's CMSIS DAP. You can refer to:https://github.com/RadioOperator/Yet_Another_Bootloader

Thanks!

0 点赞

Hi gRa.

Great news!

Thanks for the update.

And here's something to keep in mind should you purchase a Miniprog, or continue to use any CMSIS-DAP.

When using PSoC and you wish to use the SWD pin alternate GPIO functions, you will "brick" the PsoC for future programming after it's been programmed the first time.  This is detailed in PSoC Programmer release notes.

See this discussion:

CY8C4014SXI-420 only able to succesfully program once

Kitprog is the only safe method to program these devices that I know of (or use a Bootloader) when you want to use the SWD/GPIO alternate function.

Good luck with your project.

0 点赞
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

看起来Miniprog4 没有被成功识别,正常的界面应该是

Capture.PNG\

你打开 PSOC Programmer, 然后连接上 Miniprog4 之后发个截图看下

0 点赞

感谢回复。

我之前使用STLinkV3Set(刷了CMSIS DAP固件),找不到4014。我个人猜测是有一些信号完整性或者速率什么的问题。

我后来又买了KIT059,上面的KitProg是可以找到4014并且正常工作。

STLinkV3Set(CMSIS DAP固件)在PSoC中的设置可以参考上面回复的截图。它并没有太多参数可以设置。