Build error: cy_boot and clock error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting the following error(s) when I try to build a project after just completing schematics:

pastedImage_0.png

I have already run Update Components, and see that the installed cy_boot version is 5.6.   The clock version is 1,2.   Both of these fall under

pastedImage_1.png

So I assume they are related issues.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was a problem of my own making. I tried renaming files within Windows Explorer, rather than within PSOC creator, and I guess I missed a few.

Thanks

Jim

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

A couple more questions.  The device I am targeting is CYBLE-214009-00.  I am curious because the table says this supports only BLE version 4.1, but still BLE version 4.2 is showing up under components tab.   There is a CYBLE-214015-01 which is BLE component version 4.2 compatible. but I would rather not use this part due to its lack of availability.  I am assuming that the complaint of cy_boot_v4_20 is coincidental with the use of BLE component 4.20, as these are completely different things.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you use the LF_CLK for other things? Or is it complaining when trying to use it for BLE only?

(It could be that Cypress failed to filter the BLE v4.2 from being available/usable)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

(It could be that Cypress failed to filter the BLE v4.2 from being available/usable)

Yes, but I get the same complaint when I point to a BLE v4.2 capable device??

Is the cy_boot the same thing as the radio ble?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

cy_boot is different than the radio BLE; Each one has it's own version. Afaik, the cy_boot is the code that handles interfacing commands/instructions to the underlying ARM chip, and the BLE component is responsible for handling the bluetooth stack/apis/profiles.

Potentially try cleaning, then rebuilding the whole project?

Otherwise, you could messing with the project files to get it to reload the files that are causing issues:

• Create a new project from scratch and see if that causes the same issue
  • Delete the offending files, and then reload and try to rebuild the project
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m noticing that the Design Wide Resource indicator is grayed out with a question mark next to it. Do you know what that means

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No idea; Haven't seen it before. It might be a PSoC Creator version mismatch issue, or missing/corrupted project files, or corrupted/missing installation files?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was a problem of my own making. I tried renaming files within Windows Explorer, rather than within PSOC creator, and I guess I missed a few.

Thanks

Jim