Bootloader from factory in PSoC 4000, 4200?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Is there a bootloader installed in the PSoC 4000 from the factory when the bare chip is purchased (ie., not a Cypress KIT)?

PSoC 4000 has both SWD and I2C interfaces.  If Cypress programs a bootloader before the chip leaves the factory, which interface is the default?

PSoC 4200 has SWD, I2C, UART, SPI, interfaces.  Same question for PSoC 4200, is a bootloader installed and which interface is the default?

I did find that for 4200, 35-ball WLCSP package is shipped with I2C Bootloader in Flash (found in Family datasheet).

Bill

0 Likes
1 Solution

There is no default bootloader in the non-kit PSoC 4000, 4200 devices.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
EunchongP_51
Employee
Employee
First like received

Hi Bill,

PSoC4000 and PSoC4200 devices have SWD interface to program as default.

Thanks

Lucas Park

0 Likes

Thanks Lucas.

Any idea if Cypress writes a bootloader into FLASH in these devices before they leave the factory (when not installed on KITs).

Bill

0 Likes

There is no default bootloader in the non-kit PSoC 4000, 4200 devices.

0 Likes

Thank you for clarifying this Geon.

I presume a default bootloader (stored amungst Creator files as a Bootloader component for a project) can be programmed into PSoC 4000 across SWD using a KitProg?  I have the KitProg from my 5LP KIT-059.

regards,

Bill

0 Likes

Yes, you can program bootloader using KitProg. Please refer Bootloader Code Examples for PSoC® 3/PSoC 4/ PSoC 5LP

0 Likes
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Thank you Geon.  This is good news.  And thanks for the pointer to the bootloader examples.

All my questions have been answered.

Bill