cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 4 MCU

Contributor II

Is there a bootloader installed in the PSoC 4000 from the factory when the bare chip is purchased (ie., not a Cypress KIT)?

PSoC 4000 has both SWD and I2C interfaces.  If Cypress programs a bootloader before the chip leaves the factory, which interface is the default?

PSoC 4200 has SWD, I2C, UART, SPI, interfaces.  Same question for PSoC 4200, is a bootloader installed and which interface is the default?

I did find that for 4200, 35-ball WLCSP package is shipped with I2C Bootloader in Flash (found in Family datasheet).

Bill

0 Likes
1 Solution

There is no default bootloader in the non-kit PSoC 4000, 4200 devices.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Employee

Hi Bill,

PSoC4000 and PSoC4200 devices have SWD interface to program as default.

Thanks

Lucas Park

0 Likes
Contributor II

Thanks Lucas.

Any idea if Cypress writes a bootloader into FLASH in these devices before they leave the factory (when not installed on KITs).

Bill

0 Likes

There is no default bootloader in the non-kit PSoC 4000, 4200 devices.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Contributor II

Thank you for clarifying this Geon.

I presume a default bootloader (stored amungst Creator files as a Bootloader component for a project) can be programmed into PSoC 4000 across SWD using a KitProg?  I have the KitProg from my 5LP KIT-059.

regards,

Bill

0 Likes

Yes, you can program bootloader using KitProg. Please refer Bootloader Code Examples for PSoC® 3/PSoC 4/ PSoC 5LP

0 Likes
Contributor II

Thank you Geon.  This is good news.  And thanks for the pointer to the bootloader examples.

All my questions have been answered.

Bill