Bootloader component

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiEl_3261856
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

I have implemented the OTA fixed stack in my project, in the bootloader component I've checked the wait for command options and right now if no command is sent at initial startup, it exits the bootloader after the time out, but if I enter to the  bootloader in a second time it stuck there until OTA is executed.

In my understanding it is necessary to change the following command : Bootloader_HostLink(Bootloader_WAIT_FOR_COMMAND_FOREVER); in the function Bootloader_Start() but because it is a generated source file then it can not be changed in the code.

What needs to be done that every time I enter to the bootloader and no command is sent, it will wait for time out and exits to the bootloadeble project??

0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello ,

From hardware reset if the device executes bootloader the code will wait till timeout and execute the bootloadable if no bootloading command is issues. However if you are switching to bootloader from bootloadable then the time out is not relevant.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello ,

From hardware reset if the device executes bootloader the code will wait till timeout and execute the bootloadable if no bootloading command is issues. However if you are switching to bootloader from bootloadable then the time out is not relevant.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes