Behavior when the UART boot is interrupted (AN68272)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KaKo_4074056
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First like given First solution authored 25 replies posted

Hi,

What happens to PSoC4 if RS-232 serial cable is unplugged during a bootlodable update by the bootloader via UART? Does the bootloader keep waiting for the next UART reception?

Since it's only halfway written to Flash, it may lead to corruption of the bootlodable. But if PSoC4 is reset and the Host System sends the bootloadable image again, I think it's possible to update the bootloadable.

Best regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi,

What happens to PSoC4 if RS-232 serial cable is unplugged during a bootlodable update by the bootloader via UART? Does the bootloader keep waiting for the next UART reception?

>>Yes, it will be waiting  for the next UART reception.

Since it's only halfway written to Flash, it may lead to corruption of the bootlodable. But if PSoC4 is reset and the Host System sends the bootloadable image again, I think it's possible to update the bootloadable.

>>Yes it is poosible to update the bootloadable.

Regards

Alakananda

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Alakananda_BG

Hi,

>>Yes, it will be waiting  for the next UART reception.

>>Yes it is poosible to update the bootloadable.

Regards

Alakananda
0 Likes
KaKo_4074056
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Alakananda,

Thank you for the answer. I understand the expected behavior of the bootloader. I think that's an irregular state when the serial cable is unplugged. Does the bootloader (software) have it as defined something like a state?

Best regards

0 Likes
Alakananda_BG

Hi,

Does the bootloader (software) have it as defined something like a state?

>>No there is no defined state.

Regards

Alakananda
0 Likes
KaKo_4074056
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Alakananda,

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,