BLE remote switch.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am new to BLE. I am willing to build remote BLE switch. With the help of BLE remote switch I want to start, stop and increase speed or decrease speed of the motor. Please advise me which kit, module and software I have to buy.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello Ajit,

Please refer the project Day012_Central_Peripheral in the GitHub. which explains connection between two devices.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Yugandhar

Hello Ajit,

Please go through the link for buying the CY8CKIT-042-BLE kit.

Please download the PSoC Creator software from this link.

For getting started with PSoC 4 BLE please go through the PSoC4 BLE 101 video tutorial.

Open the attached project in PSoC Creator.

CySmart App acts as a central(remote switch) which controls the operation of PSoC 4 BLE peripheral.

In the PSoC 4 BLE kit, BLE component is configured with custom service which has two characteristics. One characteristic will start and stop the PWM and other characteristic will increase or decrease the speed of PWM (by varying the duty cycle of the PWM). Please refer this document for more information on creating the custom profile.

In the CySmart App after connecting the device open Custom Service which has two characteristics, Characteristic 1 (START_STOP) will start/stop the PWM by enabling/disabling the notification. Characteristic 2 (INC_DEC_SPEED) will increase or decrease the speed of PWM by writing values from 1 to 9.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Sir,

Thanks for valuable advice. I Have downloaded PSoC creator. I will buy two CY8CKIT-042-BLE kits

I have gone through number of sample projects and videos given on Cypress website and YouTube.

In all projects at one end is   CY8CKIT-042-BLE kit   and at other end is either Mobile phone or CySmart BLE4.2 USB dongle.

In my application I will use CY8CKIT-042-BLE kit   on both ends. Is there any application or project or video which uses CY8CKIT-042-BLE kit   on

both sides?  This will help me to develop my project quickly.

Your advice in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Herewith I have attached block diagram of my project.

Best Regards

AJIT PACHORE

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello Ajit,

Please refer the project Day012_Central_Peripheral in the GitHub. which explains connection between two devices.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear P Yugandhar, thanks for reply. Now I will try the project. Meanwhile let me know where I can get reference manual for functions or API used in all projects. For example in some projects I found functions like Advertising_LED_Write(LED_OFF), UartGetChar(), Cyble_GetState(), CyBle_IasRegisterAttrCallback(IasEventHandler). Once I know the reference manual for such functions, I can learn more about these functions.

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello Ajit,

In the PSoC Creator, Each Component has their own Datasheet where we can find all the necessary information, APIs. When you right click on the component you can see the "Open Datasheet" option. Please go through the datasheet for more information.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear P Yugandhar,

thanks for guidance.

0 Likes