BLE OTA_External_Memory Update

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiEl_3261856
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Hi,

How I can use the OTA without the SW2 button?

Which specific command over BLE to switch between can I use??

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

In the example project the Bootloader service is disabled by default. You can change this to always enabled. So the use of SW2 can be removed.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

This guide will explain the process for you: http://www.cypress.com/file/198301/download

If you want an alternative method to initiate the OTA upgrade from the mobile phone-app, then you will want to modify the android/iOS code to trigger the bootloading sequence from whatever else you want.

If you are wanting to change the trigger for bootloading from the PSoC 4 example SW2 to something else, then you will need to modify/look at the code for the example project and modify it to work from there.

0 Likes

The update wiil be from the CySmart app, i need to change the trigger of the SW2 button of the bootloader service  that will be witout buttons.

Do you have some  example project? Or suggestion for solveing this case?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CySmart app is a blackbox for me, as I have not looked at the code or android apps.

I would start with the base CySmart app code, and modify the features/buttons from there to have a good grasp of what is going on in the software.

I assume you want to do something similar to this thread: OTA Bootloader possible without SW2?

You merely need to add a BLE service into the example PSoC project that will change the device into bootload mode when triggered (written, read, changed, etc.). The example code should be easy to modify to trigger the bootload switch using a BLE service instead of the button SW2 on the board.

0 Likes

In the example project the Bootloader service is disabled by default. You can change this to always enabled. So the use of SW2 can be removed.

Thanks,

Hima

I can find it in the  component or i need to change it in the code?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check the component first, and if not there, then it will be in the code

0 Likes

The API BootloaderModeEntry() in the example project take care of initializing the Bootloader characteristic. Please have a look at this.

Thanks,

Hima