BLE OTA EXTERNAL Memory Bootloader and Bootable example project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've built both bits of software for the CY8CKIT-042-BLE.

However, when I try to program the Bootlaoadble image into the 'kit', in the Select Debug Target, the kit deosn't show up ?

Do I need to change a project setting  etc ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        Boot loader host doesn't work for this application you need to use CYSMART 1.2 to program the Ble dongle!!   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please check if the drivers for the kits are installed. (You can confirm this in the device manager)

Also, please check if the jumpers on the Kits are in place. 

Make sure the part number of the project matches with the part number of the module you have placed on the kit.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
        Boot loader host doesn't work for this application you need to use CYSMART 1.2 to program the Ble dongle!!   
0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

-> Build bootloader project -

> set the bootloadable project active -

> enter the path of bootloader project files in the bootloadble component of bootloadable project -

> build and program bootloadable project -

> Open cysmart 1.2 (make sure the security settings are same as your bootloadable project. Open 'configure master settings ' of cysmart window -

> see security parameters-

> see it is unauthenticated with encryption (as in your bootloadable project) ) -

> Now press sw2 on the pioneer kit to enter into bootloader mode. Now red LED will be blinking on the kit. -

> Now start scan in Cysmart -

> Device info example -

> click on it and press upgrade firmware button -

> select the .cyacd file and see whether OTA is failing. At my end it was successful.

0 Likes

Hi all,

Sorry by the question, but I am trying understand the bootloader/bootloadable concept, my idea is using PSOC 4 BLE, send the boot-loadable to a external flash and after a software´s reset, recover this bootloadable from external flash and download on the internal PSOC 4 flash using the boot-loader.

The idea  Is(it is from:  Document Number: 002-20959 Rev.*A , for Psoc 6)

pastedImage_0.png

I found this example project (BLE External Memory Bootloader and Bootloadable Example Projects,  408-943-2600) , which I think it not bad for understand a bit this concepts, but I could not find the codes examples which supports this document.  Could anyone help me about it?  where can I found this files? or other similar

PS:  I also got CY8CKIT-042-BLE

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi all,

Just in case it can help to somebody who has in the same situation like me. I found the files for the document which I mentioned in previous post. follow this steps:

(just add a "bootloadable" item to the "TopDesign.cysch" and follow the steps)

imagen_.jpg

From the next windows you can download/install the example, create a project and see documentation and code example.

imagen_.jpg

I hope this can help.

Regards.

0 Likes