BLE GateWay

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BHya_3698916
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I am new to this community, i am building an application for gateway using the controller (i.e CY8c4127lqiBl-473) which is in the mode of CENTRAL and OBSERVER.

I want to scan my own beacons (which transmits the own advertisement data BROADCASTER mode (i.e temperature& battery voltage ) ).

i will interface the GPRS (quectel modem) with controller (i.e CY8c4127lqiBl-473) using UART and post the data(i.e Own becons data) to server.

my questions  are:

1.In which way it is easy to implement.

2.what i have to set the values in Scan Window,Scan Interval in order get advertising data (i.e own Broadcasting Devices data ).

my devices transmit the advertisement data for every 10 seconds.

3.Most important thing is how to interface the SD card with spi protocol and file system for this controller(i.e CY8C4127lqiBl-473).

please suggest me the example codes which is helpful for me to store the data in Sd card for further purpose.

4. How many devices we can scan at a time?

5. Can i use the process of whitelist method?

Thanks in Advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Ans: You can use this method. In Central device,  in Scan progress event you will get all the Advertising devices data information. You can send this information to other device through UART or BLE(If the external device has BLE configuration)

2.what i have to set the values in Scan Window,Scan Interval in order get advertising data (i.e own Broadcasting Devices data ).

Ans: As per the BLE core spec, only one advertising channel is been looked at during each Scan interval and is rotated to the next of 3 channels with each interval. So the best central device scanning algorithm will have shorter Scan windows and intervals in order to sequentially check each advertising channel. When setting the scan interval equal to the scan window the device will scan continuously.

3.Most important thing is how to interface the SD card with spi protocol and file system for this controller(i.e CY8C4127lqiBl-473).

please suggest me the example codes which is helpful for me to store the data in Sd card for further purpose.

Ans: For interfacing SD Card to PSoC4 BLE device, please refer to the below code examples link which might be helpful.

PSoC 4 SD Card Interface - Hackster.io

PSoC 4 SD Card Interface

Ans: This depends on the Central device scanning parameters, Broadcaster devices advertisement intervals and also how often your peripherals/broadcasters sending their advertisement packets. If your scan window is 30ms with scan interval of 40ms then each advertising channel will be checked for every 40ms.

5. Can I use the process of whitelist method?

Ans: Yes, you can also use the whitelist method in central device. In BLE Component GUI, in GAP settings tap, the filter policy parameter defines how the advertisement packets are filtered. ▪ All – Process all advertisement packets. ▪ White List Only – Process advertisement packets only from devices in the White List.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Ans: You can use this method. In Central device,  in Scan progress event you will get all the Advertising devices data information. You can send this information to other device through UART or BLE(If the external device has BLE configuration)

Ans: As per the BLE core spec, only one advertising channel is been looked at during each Scan interval and is rotated to the next of 3 channels with each interval. So the best central device scanning algorithm will have shorter Scan windows and intervals in order to sequentially check each advertising channel. When setting the scan interval equal to the scan window the device will scan continuously.

Ans: For interfacing SD Card to PSoC4 BLE device, please refer to the below code examples link which might be helpful.

PSoC 4 SD Card Interface - Hackster.io

PSoC 4 SD Card Interface

Ans: This depends on the Central device scanning parameters, Broadcaster devices advertisement intervals and also how often your peripherals/broadcasters sending their advertisement packets. If your scan window is 30ms with scan interval of 40ms then each advertising channel will be checked for every 40ms.

5. Can I use the process of whitelist method?

Ans: Yes, you can also use the whitelist method in central device. In BLE Component GUI, in GAP settings tap, the filter policy parameter defines how the advertisement packets are filtered. ▪ All – Process all advertisement packets. ▪ White List Only – Process advertisement packets only from devices in the White List.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes