Are there are manufacturing restriction on the CYBLE-212019-00 module?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnMo_1608231
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

Hello all,

I'm contemplating using CYBLE-212019-00 EZ-BLE™ Creator Module and I'm wondering if there are any manufacturing issues in using this module. Specifically, does the module require a no-clean assembly process? I'd prefer to use a clean process, but want to make sure the module does have any restrictions.

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Andy,

Yes, the PCB containing our module can be washed . Our modules are okay to process through it. But if the board is washed manually, please make sure that the board is not submerged into water for a long period of time ( < 8 mins). If this is done accidentally, then the module needs to be baked after washing.

-Sayani.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
SayaniS_66
10 likes received First like received

Hello,

Please can you elaborate on the specific cleaning process you are asking about?

-Sayani.

0 Likes

Hello Sayani,

In the words of the manufacturing house:

“It is simply an aqueous (inline) cleaning process, using pure DI water. The machine has a couple hot water spray cycles that clean off the flux, then a couple rinse cycles, then het cycle for drying the boards. Boards are then baked for 30 minutes at 250F for any residual moisture.”

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply.

- Andy

0 Likes

Hello Andy,

Yes, the PCB containing our module can be washed . Our modules are okay to process through it. But if the board is washed manually, please make sure that the board is not submerged into water for a long period of time ( < 8 mins). If this is done accidentally, then the module needs to be baked after washing.

-Sayani.

0 Likes

Hello Sayani,

Perfect. That answers the question. Thank you very much for your time.

- Andy

0 Likes