Application stacked in InitializeBootloaderSRAM after upgraded from different IDE versions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaZh_1276586
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins First solution authored 10 replies posted

I have an Upgradeable Stack OTA project, which was previously built in Creator 4.1 update 1 with latest components version. The OTA function works fine if the upgraded firmware generated from 4.1 Update1.

However, I moved to the Creator 4.2 latest version and updated the components versions today and got the issue. After I successfully upgrade the firmware and stack (combined) through OTA, the system stacked in InitializeBootloaderSRAM().

After that I use miniprog3 to reprogram the chip, the stack issue solved and I can update the firmware, built from 4.2.

I just wondering did anyone else find the same problem? Any solution or I need to keep using the same IDE version?

0 Likes
1 Solution
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

The Application +Stack ( Combined option) for the OTA happens in a different way where the whole combined image ( Application+Stack) transfers as a single chuck of data. The up-gradable stack OTA process is slightly different and here first the stack image will be transferred and written to the target device and then the Stack image will receive the Application image. So, you could use "Application+ Stack" option for the OTA.

Refer page #7 for more details on the Upgradable stack OTA process.

http://www.cypress.com/file/198301/download

-Gyan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

The Application +Stack ( Combined option) for the OTA happens in a different way where the whole combined image ( Application+Stack) transfers as a single chuck of data. The up-gradable stack OTA process is slightly different and here first the stack image will be transferred and written to the target device and then the Stack image will receive the Application image. So, you could use "Application+ Stack" option for the OTA.

Refer page #7 for more details on the Upgradable stack OTA process.

http://www.cypress.com/file/198301/download

-Gyan

0 Likes

Ok. Is there any method to upgrade the application and stack built from different psoc creator version and component version?

0 Likes

Hello Dayi,

User will need to upgrade components in each PSoC Creator projects before adding dependency. Please finalise the component versions and clean and build all three projects (launcher, stack and user application - in this sequence) in PSoC Creator 4.2.

Best Regards,

Geona Mary

0 Likes

Hi Geona:

I have done what you suggested. I tried to update the BLE component version from 3.40 to 3.52, cy_boot from 5.6 to 5.7 and Em_EEPROM_Dynamic to Em_EEPROM_Dynamic_v2_0 in all three projects. Clean and build the projects in psoc 4.2. But the application is still stacked in InitializeBootloaderSRAM() after OTA updated from a firmware built by psoc 4.1.

Thanks,

Dayi.

0 Likes
DaZh_1276586
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins First solution authored 10 replies posted

Hi:

I used "Application and Stack (Separate Files)" mode. The system upgraded successfully and not stacked in InitializeBootloaderSRAM().

Seems like something wrong in "Application and Stack (combined)" mode.

Thanks,

Dayi.

0 Likes