Answering Phone Calls Using PSOC4 BLE (on Android)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlAl_1520441
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted

Hi

I couldn't figure out my answer on the StackOverFlow, so I turned over to the cypress community again. The question is simple. How can I answer or end a call using BLE? As I know, with Bluetooth headphones it's possible to do that. But how? I've a an HID service (Keyboard) by which send some command to my android device. There should be a command to answer or reject a call. but in the meantime, I've a limited number of keys which are assigned to the D-pad keys and Enter. Anyway, maybe I could deal with them although it would be better to answer a call upon coming by those.

What should I do?

Bests

0 Likes
1 Solution
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello AlirezaAlikhani ,

The Hands-Free Profile (HFP) describes how an audio gateway device can be used to place and receive calls for a hand free device.

The classic Bluetooth ( BR/EDR)  supports this profile but the Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices does  not support this profile. So, it is not possible to handle the phone calls using any BLE device.

-Gyan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

IMHO this is an Android question. Maybe when you search in one of the Android forums you might find an answer.

Bob

0 Likes

Actually it's not. Because if it's something about HID then it should be universal. And as I mentioned in my text, I'd no luck finding a solution on Android forums.

0 Likes
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello AlirezaAlikhani ,

The Hands-Free Profile (HFP) describes how an audio gateway device can be used to place and receive calls for a hand free device.

The classic Bluetooth ( BR/EDR)  supports this profile but the Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices does  not support this profile. So, it is not possible to handle the phone calls using any BLE device.

-Gyan

0 Likes

Thanks for your answer Gyan.

Do you have any idea if it's possible to bypass it somehow? I just  want to use it as call on/off.

0 Likes