Adding UART component to BLE_CapSenseSlider project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I am using CY8CKIT-042_BLE(PSoC 4 BLE), and I am using Cap Sense Slider LED project to learn, I want to monitor BLE data (from Cy smart App to CY8CKIT-042_BLE device)on UART terminal. I have tried including UART(SCB mode) module in the schematic.

I have  tried seeing the output on PC terminal program with baud rate of 115200, but the message is garbeled (I think there is some issue with the clock.) also there are some errors which are shown below. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Thanks for the timely help!

I have changed the frequency to 48 Mhz and it is working properly for 115200 baud and buffer is set at 16.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Can you please post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Bob

Thanks for the quick response the work space bundle is attached 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I could only find your initial UART_PutString(). Increase PSoC clock to 48MHz for better precision or lower the baud rate to 9600bd, set UART to byte mode and increase Buffers to 16

I get no compile errors anymore

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Thanks for the timely help!

I have changed the frequency to 48 Mhz and it is working properly for 115200 baud and buffer is set at 16.

0 Likes