cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 4 MCU

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

First of all this my first time playing with PSoC creator or with any Cypress PSoC device. And i am really amazed: it's incredible.

Since I have some free time these days I decided to learn about the way that this uC are programmed. So...

I am blinking some leds. I saw that it's possible to access pins as a port which is quite nice. But is it possible to access them from an array?

Below my code. Thank you in advance.

/* ========================================

* Copyright YOUR COMPANY, THE YEAR

* All Rights Reserved

* UNPUBLISHED, LICENSED SOFTWARE.

* CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION

* WHICH IS THE PROPERTY OF your company.

* ========================================

*/

#include "project.h"

#include "cypins.h"

int array[4]={LED_1_0,LED_1_1,LED_1_2,LED_1_3};

int main(void)

{

CyGlobalIntEnable; /* Enable global interrupts. */

/* Place your initialization/startup code here (e.g. MyInst_Start()) */

for(;;)

{

for(int i=1;i<16;i++){

LED_1_Write(i);

CyDelay(1000);

}

for(int i=1;i<4;i++){

CyPins_SetPin(??);

CyDelay(1000);

}       

/* Place your application code here. */

}

}

/* [] END OF FILE */

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honored Contributor II

Not directly. You can use an array to store function pointers to the respective Pin_Set() functions. See https://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/function-pointers.html

On a PSoC5 you could use the ARM BitBanding functionality (which allows to set/reset single bits by writing into a specific memory location), but then the pins should all belong to the same port.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Honored Contributor II

Not directly. You can use an array to store function pointers to the respective Pin_Set() functions. See https://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/function-pointers.html

On a PSoC5 you could use the ARM BitBanding functionality (which allows to set/reset single bits by writing into a specific memory location), but then the pins should all belong to the same port.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to work with function pointers with the PSoC 5. So far I haven't got them to work. Can you guys give me an example of how you did it? This is what I have that complies. But it still doesn't work.  I have tried other things metioned in this document http://www.cypress.com/file/59071/download without any luck.

//definition

typedef void const *(Write_pin_on(void));

Write_pin_on *pins[4]= {

&pin_1_on,

&pin_2_on,

&pin_3_on,

&pin_4_on,

};

//function call

(*(pins[0]));

0 Likes
Esteemed Contributor II

Syntax is a bit different, see here...

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah, I just figured it out. I was going to replay and say I messed up on the parentheses on how to do it. But I got it. Thanks for the reply

0 Likes