About the power and reset sequence of CY8C4247LTI-L475?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YaKu_1055906
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all,

Could you tell me about the precautions for turning PSoC4(CY8C4247LTI-L475) on / off (each power supply and reset)?

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

VDDD: Power supply for both analog and digital sections (where there is no VDDA pin)

VDDA: Analog VDD pin where package pins allow; should be present before or concurrently with VDDD and the value of VDDA should be equal to or higher than VDDD and VDDIO

VDDIO: I/O pin power domain. It should not be present without VDDD.

VSSA: Analog ground pin where package pins allow; shorted to

VSS otherwise

VSS: Ground pin

VCCD: Regulated digital supply (1.8 V ±5%), it is an output, not supply.

VBUS: USB voltage. There is no constraint on VBUS with respect to VDDD. However, since it comes from USB, it is typically assumed to and ideally be 5 V (4.35 to 5.5 V is the range).

More about the Power sequence, you can refer to the PSoC 4200L datasheet.https://www.cypress.com/file/222206/download

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

PSoC4

Power On:

Power supply ---> power on reset (POR)--> then the chip run in the normal mode

Power Off

Power off  ---> Brown Out Detect (BOD)--> then the chip off

Could you clarify which precautions you want to know?

0 Likes

Hi LinglingG-san,

CY8C4247LTI-L475 has VCCD, VDDD, VDDA, VREF(P1,7), VDDIO and VBUS.

I'd like to know the order and timing to apply to these power pins and

the order and timing of turning off these power pins.

Best regards.

0 Likes

VDDD: Power supply for both analog and digital sections (where there is no VDDA pin)

VDDA: Analog VDD pin where package pins allow; should be present before or concurrently with VDDD and the value of VDDA should be equal to or higher than VDDD and VDDIO

VDDIO: I/O pin power domain. It should not be present without VDDD.

VSSA: Analog ground pin where package pins allow; shorted to

VSS otherwise

VSS: Ground pin

VCCD: Regulated digital supply (1.8 V ±5%), it is an output, not supply.

VBUS: USB voltage. There is no constraint on VBUS with respect to VDDD. However, since it comes from USB, it is typically assumed to and ideally be 5 V (4.35 to 5.5 V is the range).

More about the Power sequence, you can refer to the PSoC 4200L datasheet.https://www.cypress.com/file/222206/download

0 Likes