About assigning mac address values to modules in serial production.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1600091
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Hi everyone,

I made a product with CYBLE-022001-00. I will take the product to mass production.

My question:

• How to set up MAC IDs in mass production? How do I assign a Mac id every time without opening the application software ?
  • What is the method of assigning mac id to modules in serial production ?

Best Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

The sFlash can be written by the programmer itself, and can be incremented/changed for each programming operation. Potentially, you could setup your device to load the MAC from the sFlash and to program incrementing MACs into the sFlash with the programmer when programming the device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
user_1600091
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

I know Silicon generated but I am looking for a different method.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The sFlash can be written by the programmer itself, and can be incremented/changed for each programming operation. Potentially, you could setup your device to load the MAC from the sFlash and to program incrementing MACs into the sFlash with the programmer when programming the device.

0 Likes
user_1600091
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Setting Bluetooth Device Address - KBA211407

I have tried SFLASH Update Tool with CY8CKIT-042-BLE KIT. It works nicely. I updated mac address with SFLASH Tool.

I have tried SFLASH Update Tool with CYBLE-022001-00 module. No connection between CYBLE-022001-00 and SFLASH Tool.

I am using MiniProg3 Programmer with 5 Pin Connector.

I want to update CYBLE-022001-00 mac address with SFLASH Tool.

What should I do to update the CYBLE-022001-00 module's mac address with the SFLASH Tool?

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure which SFLASH Tool you are referring to, but if you can reach and program the chip with the 5-pin port, then you should also be able to program the sFlash as well. Potentially, setting the device to secured flash might prevent changes, but I have not tested it myself to confirm it.

• The method should be the same between different cyble chips if you have the same firmware program/code on each chip.
  • Try setting the image to "Unprotected" and see if that fixes the issue as well.
  • I would assume you have code that reads the MAC address from SFlash on your cy8ckit-042-ble-kit? If that is so, are you using the same image programmed into the CYBLE-022001-00? There might be changes necessary for changing to the new device. (E.G. pinouts, hardware capabilities, addressing, etc.)
0 Likes
user_1600091
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

I tested Day029_BLE_SFlash_Write with CY8CKIT-042-BLE KIT. I can change mac address with this software. I'm not talking about Software Flash. I `m talking about PSOC4-BLE SFlash update Tool.

My questions are different.

Let's go step by step.

I read this document. Setting Bluetooth Device Address - KBA211407 .

2.PNG4.jpg

I applied what was written in red box with 5pin Header of MiniProg3. I updated the CY8CKIT-042- mac address with PSOC4-BLE SFlash update Tool. After I updated the mac address, I tested it with Day001_Find_Me software. It works nicely. It is broadcasting with the mac address  given by PSOC4-BLE SFlash update Tool. Everything is okey.

I would like to do the above with the module CYBLE-022001-00. I made the pin connections as follows.

MiniProg3            CYBLE-022001-00

SDAT                    pin number 18  SCB0_SDA

SCLK                    pin number 19  SCBO_SCL

XRES                   pin number 14  XRES

GND                     GND

VTARG                3.3 V

5.PNG

No connection between CYBLE-022001-00 and SFLASH Tool. I want to change the mac address of the CYBLE-022001-00 module with the PSOC4-BLE SFlash update Tool. I tried, but the connection failed. Is there a solution to this problem ?

• CYBLE-022001-00 PRoC Module, CY8CKIT-042-BLE PSoC
  • Which module-chips can work with PSOC4-BLE SFlash update Tool .
  • Is the PSOC4-BLE SFlash update Tool working with PSoC and not working with PRoC. Is there such a case ?

6.PNG

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe your pin connections for SDAT and SCLK should be going to pins 11 and 12;

Pin 11 is P0.6 which goes to SDAT

Pin 12 is P0.7 which goes to SCLK

The SCB_0 module is used for UART communications/application communication lines. My guess is that is the issue you are encountering. The pinouts for the Miniprog3 connections to each module/device is unique to the device/module; Thus, the pins will change between the PSoC and PRoC chips for the programming port. The CYBLE-022001-00 EVAL board contains a 5-pin header for easy connection to the Miniprog3. (looking at pictures of it online should help)

Thank you e.pratt_1639216

Yes, Connections are incorrect.

True Connection

MiniProg3            CYBLE-022001-00

SDAT                    pin number 11  SWDIO

SCLK                    pin number 7    SWDCLK

XRES                   pin number 14  XRES

GND                     GND

VTARG                3.3 V