AN91184 on CYCKIT-042-BLE-A doesn't see target

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jihe_298791
Level 2
Level 2

I just received a CYCKIT-042-BLE-A and I’m trying to run AN91184. The device on the

The PSoC 4 BLE Module has a CY8C4248LQI-BL583. The module sits on the EZ-BLE Pioneer Arduino Baseboard (CY8CKIT-143A) which has a PSoC 5LP CY8C5868LTI-LP039.

The project builds without a problem but Debug | Target doesn’t find .

The firmware has been updated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Jim,

Can you only connect the baseboard CY8CKit-042 via USB to your system and try to acquire the port and program the device and share the result. I used your project and i am able to program my board with your attached project.Thus i am not able to replicate your issue at my end. Also can you once go to the PSoC Creator project tab-> Update Components and update all the used components. Also can you go to Project->Device selector and select CY8C4248LQI-BL583 as your device.

Also can you once reinstall the driver for Kitprog from device manager.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

Can you follow section 3.5 from the below document (link below) and let us know what results are you observing. ( Screen shots will be very helpful)

https://www.cypress.com/file/234851/download

Thanks,Pradipta.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Pradipta,

Attached please find my project, which is from AN91184.

0 Likes
lock attach

Using PSoC Programmer:

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi Pradipta,

Here's my entire setup.

Device manager shows two COM ports on the dev board

Using PSoC Programmer:

0 Likes

Hi Jim,

Can you only connect the baseboard CY8CKit-042 via USB to your system and try to acquire the port and program the device and share the result. I used your project and i am able to program my board with your attached project.Thus i am not able to replicate your issue at my end. Also can you once go to the PSoC Creator project tab-> Update Components and update all the used components. Also can you go to Project->Device selector and select CY8C4248LQI-BL583 as your device.

Also can you once reinstall the driver for Kitprog from device manager.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes
lock attach

I acquire another machine, installed cy8ckit042_RevSE.iso, updated the components, verified Device is CY8C4248LQI-BL583, connected via USB.

Here what I get when I select a target:

PSoC Programmer seems to work:

0 Likes
lock attach

I just hit Port Acquire and it connected:

0 Likes

Thanks for keeping us posted and returning with the details.

Regards,

Pradipta.

0 Likes