AN84858 – HSSP for PSoC4 error when Protection Enabled

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaPe_1936286
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given Welcome!

Hi,

I’m using the CY8CKIT-059 as an HSSP to program a CY8C41xxS family microcontroller according to AN84858.

I have some problems to program the device when it is protected.

This are some cases in which I got problems:

1. My HSSP operates correctly if the microcontroller has been previously programmed with “PSoC Programmer” and the chip lock is disabled, while if the chip Lock is enabled the HSSP fails.
  2. When I program the device with the HSSP, then I turn the device off and on, and then I reprogram it with the HSSP the reprogramming faults.

In order to reprogram the device multiple times I need to remove ProgramProtectionSettings() and VerifyProtectionSettings() from ProgramDevice() procedure.

Of course, I need to program the PSoC4 with protection enabled.

Could anyone help me?

Thank you

Maurizio

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Rakshith,

while I was preparing a project to share with you I received from my laboratory a new PCB, so I tried the HSSP with it and everything works correctly.

So the problem doesn't regard the HSSP, probably my first PCB has some problems.

Thank you

Maurizio Pesce

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi MaPe_1936286​,

My HSSP operates correctly if the microcontroller has been previously programmed with “PSoC Programmer” and the chip lock is disabled, while if the chip Lock is enabled the HSSP fails.

Can you please let us know at which step the program fails?

When I program the device with the HSSP, then I turn the device off and on, and then I reprogram it with the HSSP the reprogramming faults.

Does this occur even with the chip protection disabled? Again, at which point does the program fail?

Can you please share all the project files so that we can try it out at our end and let you know our observations? This will help us in debugging the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi Rakshith,

while I was preparing a project to share with you I received from my laboratory a new PCB, so I tried the HSSP with it and everything works correctly.

So the problem doesn't regard the HSSP, probably my first PCB has some problems.

Thank you

Maurizio Pesce

0 Likes

Hi MaPe_1936286​,

Thank you for providing an update regarding the issue on this thread

If the issue persists, please create a new thread and we will try to provide a solution.

Best Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes