ALP filter with CapSense v4.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kenneth
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

I'm trying to implement the ALP filter with PSOC 4000S, but could not find any documentation on how to implement this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank,

Kenneth

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @kenneth

At the moment we do not have the validated ALP libraries for the 4th generation CapSense component. We are working on it.

I shall update the thread when the library is validated and released. 

Can you please let me know your use case? We might be able to provide an alternate solution to this.

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hari

Hi @kenneth

At the moment we do not have the validated ALP libraries for the 4th generation CapSense component. We are working on it.

I shall update the thread when the library is validated and released. 

Can you please let me know your use case? We might be able to provide an alternate solution to this.

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes
kenneth
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi @Hari ,

I'm trying to use proximity sensing to sense conductive material (human) through non conductive material such as foam and fabric.

I'm trying to come up with a small design and figuring out different ways to get the farthest range of detection possible.

Regards,

Kenneth

0 Likes
Hari

Hello @kenneth

What is the sensor size that is possible in your design? And what is the expected sensing distance?

You can use other filters like IIR and median filters to filter out the noise, note that this will impact the response time.

The firmware filters need to be applied only if you see noise in the signal level that lead to false triggers at your required sensing distance. 

If the board is ready, can you check the SNR at the required distance and let us know?

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes