8-Channel ADC_SAR_SEQ, last 4 channels cannot read low voltages

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the 8-channel ADC_SAR_SEQ on the CY8CKIT-042-BLE development kit. I can get appropriate ADC measurement readings for the first 4 channels, but the ADC cannot read voltages 0-995mV on channels 4 (P3[4]) & 5 (P3[5]), and cannot read voltages 0-311mV on channels 6 (P3[6]) & 7 (P3[7]). I am using a benchtop supply to feed the input voltage directly into the ADC_SAR pins through (P3[0]-P3[7]).

I'm using the following ADC configurations:

Vref Select: External Vref

Vref Value: 2.5V

Single ended negative input: Vref

Single ended result format: Unsigned

Clock source: Internal

All 8 channels use 12-bit resolution single-ended mode

Acq time: 1.5us

Conversion time 16us

Do you have any idea what could be preventing the last 4 channels from reading the low voltages? Thank you very much for your time!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Have a look at the kit's schematic files. Probably your input pins are already connected to some caps or other hardware. Schematics have been installed on your PC when you installed the kit files.

Bob

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Have a look at the kit's schematic files. Probably your input pins are already connected to some caps or other hardware. Schematics have been installed on your PC when you installed the kit files.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

Thanks for your response. It turns out P3_4 & P3_5 are tied to I2C_SDA & I2C_CLK while P3_6 & P3_7 are tied to the Green & Blue LEDs. I really appreciate your help.

-Junya

0 Likes