Announcements
Community Announcement : Welcome to the NEW Cypress Developer Community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 4 MCU

Alex_K
New Contributor II

Can you confirm whether the CY8C4127AXI-S443 has CSD capsense support or not. 

According to the datasheet it does not, but I am able to load the component into the project designer, assign pins and build without errors.  It even shows 1/1 CapSense used in the resource monitor.  Typically when a component/peripheral is not available it will cause build errors.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs

Hi @Alex_K,

CY8C4127AXI-S443 has no support for CSD capsense. When you create a project in PSoC Creator with the mentioned device, CSD component will NOT be available. See the attached project for confirmation. 

I believe that the device set for your project is not CY8C4127AXI-S443. Please do check the same.

Thanks and regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
ncbs

Hi @Alex_K,

CY8C4127AXI-S443 has no support for CSD capsense. When you create a project in PSoC Creator with the mentioned device, CSD component will NOT be available. See the attached project for confirmation. 

I believe that the device set for your project is not CY8C4127AXI-S443. Please do check the same.

Thanks and regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Alex_K
New Contributor II

Nikhil,

I can see in your example that when that chip is selected, the CapSense component is not available for placing in the project.

The problem I observed is if you setup a project using a chip supporting the CapSense and then change the device to one that doesn't it still builds successfully.

I took your example, changed the device to CY8C4127AXI-S453, added a CapSense v7 component, built, swapped back to the original CY8C4127AXI-S443 and was able to build successfully.

Alex_K_0-1634236625811.png

0 Likes