4100 Series CSD support

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Alex_K
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Can you confirm whether the CY8C4127AXI-S443 has CSD capsense support or not. 

According to the datasheet it does not, but I am able to load the component into the project designer, assign pins and build without errors.  It even shows 1/1 CapSense used in the resource monitor.  Typically when a component/peripheral is not available it will cause build errors.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @Alex_K,

Are you referring to the CapSense component which is already present in the schematic?

Yes, you are right.

Do not use CapSense component for the MPN not having CapSense support. Refer to this thread regarding the same issue:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-4/Build-result-of-CY8C4146AZA-S245-without-CSD/m-p/278124

Thanks and regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ncbs

Hi @Alex_K,

CY8C4127AXI-S443 has no support for CSD capsense. When you create a project in PSoC Creator with the mentioned device, CSD component will NOT be available. See the attached project for confirmation. 

I believe that the device set for your project is not CY8C4127AXI-S443. Please do check the same.

Thanks and regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes
Alex_K
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Nikhil,

I can see in your example that when that chip is selected, the CapSense component is not available for placing in the project.

The problem I observed is if you setup a project using a chip supporting the CapSense and then change the device to one that doesn't it still builds successfully.

I took your example, changed the device to CY8C4127AXI-S453, added a CapSense v7 component, built, swapped back to the original CY8C4127AXI-S443 and was able to build successfully.

Alex_K_0-1634236625811.png

0 Likes
ncbs

Hi @Alex_K,

I followed the steps described by you. 

However, I do not observe the same. As soon as the device is changed back to CY8C4127AXI-S443 (which has no support for CapSense, the cypress component catalog gets automatically updated, and CapSense component is not visible.

Are you selecting the wrong MPN?

Make sure you are using the latest version of PSoC Creator.

Do share a video recording if possible.

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes
ncbs

Hi @Alex_K,

Are you referring to the CapSense component which is already present in the schematic?

Yes, you are right.

Do not use CapSense component for the MPN not having CapSense support. Refer to this thread regarding the same issue:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-4/Build-result-of-CY8C4146AZA-S245-without-CSD/m-p/278124

Thanks and regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes