s25fl128s verilog model UserPreload feature Vs programming

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4738101
Level 1
Level 1

The verilog model provided for simulation s25fl128s get some user parameters.

One of those is "UserPreload" allowing a user to preload the device with a content from a file when its '1'.

The documentation provided with the model is simply describing nothing else that one can already imagine.

And nothing describes in depth the advanced behavior of the model...

My case:

USerPreload parameter is turned to 1.

The preload file contains only one section of the device. All other sections of the device are not in the file

When the simulation runs that preloaded section is read first and then

other SPI commands programs another sections of the device.

Does someone knows if the model can support this?

Any help is welcome.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

According to the Device Modeling Group, when USerPreload='1', the model loads the values specified in the preload file at compile time into

the memory array.   The preloaded values will be overwritten when the same section or another section is programmed during run time.

Therefore, the answer is 'NO'.  The behavior WILL NOT be correct if programming the same section or another section during simulation.

Best regards,

Albert

Cypress Semiconductor Corp.

An Infineon Technologies Company

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
AlbertB_56
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Semiconductor

It is really difficult to understand as to what your actual question is.

Please re-phrase your again again.  Is your questing regarding programming?  Or is your question regarding User Preload Feature.

Please elaborate by providing specific details as to your actual question.

Best regards,

Albert

0 Likes

I want:

Be able to use at the same time the UserPreload feature of the verilog model but only for a limited range of addresses and be able to program another section when simulating.

0 Likes

Hello,

The S25FL128S is a serial peripheral interface (SPI) device.  Therefore, SPI FLASH memory devices do not have any simultaneous functions.

Best regards,
Albert

0 Likes

I think you misunderstood my question. I am not talking about the device itself.

I am talking about the verilog model.

The question here is:

Does this model supports USerPreload='1' with a data section preloaded and then give the correct behavior if a programming of another section is realized in the simulation?

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for finally providing clarity on your actual question, as there was no viable question being asked within your previous posts.

In regards to the S25FL128S verilog modeI, I believe the answer is "NO."   However, I will consult with Cypress' Device Modeling Team

to confirm.

Best regards,

Albert

0 Likes

Hello,

According to the Device Modeling Group, when USerPreload='1', the model loads the values specified in the preload file at compile time into

the memory array.   The preloaded values will be overwritten when the same section or another section is programmed during run time.

Therefore, the answer is 'NO'.  The behavior WILL NOT be correct if programming the same section or another section during simulation.

Best regards,

Albert

0 Likes