s25fl128s advanced verilog model with verbose debug

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4738101
Level 1
Level 1

The vhdl/verilog model delivered with  s25fl128s are merely basic. I have a large simulation using a preliminary programing sequence followed to reading sequences.

It is actually painful to debug on waveform every SPI access to decode commands, address and so on.

I would need a realistic model being able on the top on the functional use to decode commands, address, data received and dump this into log.file

Do you know if such model exists...

Any help is welcome.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Clement,

S25FL128S advanced verilog model with verbose debug is not available. The models we provide to customers are to check HW connectivity and low-level transactions.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello Clément,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Technical Support, an Infineon Technologies Company. I don't think S25FL128S advanced verilog model with verbose debug is available but I will reconfirm with our modeling group and see if there are any other available.

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

Hello Clement,

S25FL128S advanced verilog model with verbose debug is not available. The models we provide to customers are to check HW connectivity and low-level transactions.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

I understand but those low-levels transactions are not tracked.. you have to debug waveforms... this is sluggish....

I think it could be a good idea to have this feature included in your models.

The work around here is to develop a "spy"  model decoding SPI commands sent over the line and dump them in a file.

That's a real pity your model could not do so because I have to develop something over the top

that Cypress as a device provider could provide embedded in its models.

Think that those models are also used by HW engineers not only SW.

Thanks anyway

0 Likes

Hello Clément,

Thank you for your response. I will pass on your valuable feed back to our modeling group.

Have a wonderful day

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

Hello Clément,

I checked with our modeling group. They said protocol checking/logging for s25fl128s can be done, if you are willing to pay for it.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes